This week has some big game with conference championships and playoff seeding on the line! Here are the games to watch for this weekend:
|Saturday, November 5th|
|Northern Arizona||@||Weber State||1:00pm||STREAM|
|Jacksonville State||@||Southeast Missouri State||1:00pm||ESPN3|
|Youngstown State||@||North Dakota State||2:30om||ESPN3|
|Central Arkansas||@||Stephen F Austin||3:00pm||STREAM|
|McNeese State||@||Sam Houston State||6:00pm||ESPN3|
|Eastern Washington||@||Cal Poly||8:05pm||STREAM|
- Both teams sit in the middle of a 5-way tie for second place in the CAA. A Richmond win over James Madison would leave no undefeated teams in conference play so a win here is a must for either team to stay in the race for the CAA autobid. The loser is also in a bad spot for an at-large bid, especially if it were to be the Black Bears.
- This is a big game in the Ivy League race. A Penn win sets up a title game against Harvard next weekend. A win by Princeton essentially gives Harvard the Ivy League crown for 2016.
- Weber State is still the surprise team in the Big Sky after snagging a win over Southern Utah last week. Northern Arizona has an outside shot at an at-large bid if they win out, but it doesn’t look good. With some help Weber State could still get the Big Sky autobid. They could still get an at-large slot, but winning out might be necessary to get it.
- Jacksonville State continues their bid for a Top 2 seed in the playoffs when they hit the road to SEMO on Saturday. Other than being a road test, this might not end up being a challenge for the Gamecocks.
- Samford played well against their SEC opponent last weekend. Can they knock The Citadel from the top of the SoCon standings? This will be the Bulldogs most likely chance at an FCS loss this season as they finish the SoCon slate with VMI and then take on FBS North Carolina. Samford is still in the playoff hunt themselves and could force a 3-way tie for first place with a win.
- The game of the year in the CAA takes place on Saturday as these two in-state rivals hit the field to battle for the CAA autobid. As mentioned in the Nova-Maine write-up, there is a 5 way tie for second place heading into this weekend and a Richmond win brings James Madison back with that pack.
- Youngstown State snuck out the Homecoming victory over Indiana State last weekend. This Saturday will be much tougher as they board a plane for the Fargodome. The Penguins are sitting at 6-2 and in a good spot for an at-large big for the playoffs if they don’t fall apart in the last 3 games. North Dakota State only has one loss but has their fanbase a little nervous with the way they have played. A win here would leave the Bison’s chance at a top seed looking pretty good.
- Central Arkansas is still on a roll. Can SFA knock them down a peg or will the Bears continue their path towards an SLC title game against Sam Houston State the last week of the season?
- Sam Houston State hasn’t been challenged for 4 quarters this season. Will McNeese State provide them a bigger challenge?
- Another huge conference battle in SLO this weekend as two of the Big Sky’s top teams will face the challenge of playing a team that seems to be their exact opposite. Cal Poly needs this one the most as they have two losses and only so many teams from the Big Sky will make the playoffs. EWU needs this win in order to be a top 2 seed.