Only two more weeks left in the regular season. Here are the games you must watch as conference championships and at-large bids are decided:
|Friday, November 11th||Time(CST)||TV|
|Saturday, November 12th|
|Northern Arizona||@||North Dakota||1:00pm||STREAM|
|South Dakota||@||South Dakota State||2:00pm||ESPN3|
|Nicholls State||@||Central Arkansas||3:00pm||STREAM|
- The action starts Friday night with an Ivy League battle that will either give Harvard the 2016 championship or put some tiebreaker scenarios into play for the final weekend.
- James Madison is coming off of their biggest game of the season and this week will be the same high stakes when they take on Villanova with the CAA title on the line. If JMU wins, they win the CAA. If they lose, well that’s a mess. You can find the AGS discussion about the autobid tiebreaker scenarios here.
- Wofford’s season is on life support, but a win over Chattanooga could put them on the right side of the bubble. Chattanooga is still fighting for a seed and needs this win to make it happen.
- This is quite the battle as the loser of this game is most likely out of the playoff race. While teams have gotten into the field at 6-5 and the loser of this game would be sitting as the 6th place team in the CAA. Maine has won five of their last six while Stony Brook has lost the last two.
- Northern Arizona might have a slim chance at the playoffs if they can win out, but this game may be more about playing the spoiler. North Dakota has won eight straight games and is battling for a seed and a bye in the playoffs. This is UND’s last game of the season so you have to imagine they will leave it all on the field.
- The battle of South Dakota’s two Division I football programs should be quite the battle this year. South Dakota is looking much improved under first year head coach Bob Nielson and South Dakota State has a high scoring offense. Should be a back and forth game in Brookings.
- Southern Utah is another team on the playoff bubble. A win over an in-state FBS opponent like BYU might be just what it takes for them to grab one of the last spots in the field.
- Richmond had a back and forth battle with James Madison last weekend and Delaware is hoping that the Spiders are still hurting from the loss. Richmond still has a shot at a seed in the playoffs and Delaware is trying to finish to season on a high note.
- The Big South’s entry into the FCS playoffs will be decided in Lynchburg on Saturday when Charleston Southern visits Liberty. The Buccaneers took an expected loss from Gardner-Webb last week and their at-large chances look slim. They need a win to knock Liberty from the top of the standings.
- Central Arkansas has some on strong in the Southland and Nicholls State has shocked quite a few teams this year with their strong performances. This will be the Bears last tune-up before a season ending match-up with Sam Houston State.